Monday 9 April 2012

Hi and Welcome,

A bit about me... I am a wife, a mother of 4 and a struggling to find time student.  I live in a normal house in tasmania, we have 2 noisy dogs and bills to pay.  I started this blog as I feel my everyday story has some laughs, tears and occurrences that someone might want to read.

As a child, I had 4 half brothers and 1 half sister, all who had left home by the time I was 7, I grew up pretty lonely but well loved by everyone... I used to look at big families at christmas and easter and be really envious of their big set tables and christmas decorations and I felt really sad about Christmas and holidays for many years to come, but about 12 months ago it dawned on me "that I have my own big family now"... and I had the best christmas of my life.

This new found love for this family gave me the desire to want more children and also to share my everyday experiences with people of like mind and see where it goes from there...

I have 4 boys... 4 beautiful, reasonably healthy boys... If you came to my house, my carpets look like a biscuit factory floor, my dishes are rarely done until 7.30pm,  and the noise levels are beyond healthy.  But these 4 boys bring my life, joy and complexities I could not imagine being with out.

My eldest is 13, he is a such a typical 1st child, strong willed and with waters that run deep, on a funny note still trying to deal with the birth of his younger brother who is now nearly 10, Number 2 this little man is the quirkiest monkey god could give a women, when I had 4 sons I never imagined I would be buying ballet shoes but here I am.   My 3rd little man,  affectionally known by my father as "chubby checkers", the softest big cheeks with a heart to match and number 4...WOW what a blast, you think he would of learnt to wait patiently till his turn being 4th in line,  but he is a little whirl wind of life that is louder than the other 3 combined and sent here to give me laughter that induces real tears...

Dont get me wrong, I don't have little angels, these boys are rumens like the rest of them, but when I look at the choice I  made to have children, I think I did pretty Well...

The decisions made about discipline, diet, life style choices and priorities are not made with ease but the end result so far has been one that I am proud,  I cant wait for the future to fold out so I can see where these little men go, what choices they make and how proud I will be of them.  All of these decisions lead to a chaotic system I call "my life"...

So if you wish follow my blog and read about the every day problematic things families deal with, from Face Book and Teens, being the School Association Mum, the frustrations of making different meals for the intolerant members of that family and the serious sacrifices it takes to be a mum YOU can be proud of.... then watch this space  "Whilst I am loving my Big Family"...

No comments:

Post a Comment